Friday, July 03, 2009

Image of The Week

I am going to start a series of posts called "Image of The Week".

I will select 1 image from a shoot taken the week before which for various reasons is my favourite.
To start the series here is an image of Sarah.
This was taken at Lee and Sarahs wedding in Barnsdale Hotel on the banks of Rutland Water last friday.
What normally happens at weddings is after the speeches there is a lull in the proceedings until the evening guests start to arrive.
Not a great deal happens at this time apart from people generally milling around and chatting.
What I always try to do is take advantage of this time and take the couple for a little "them time" and also to create something a little different.
On this occasion I popped the couple into my car and took them down to the banks of Rutland Water.
I took a number of romantic and also fashion style poses of Lee and Sarah, together and alone.

In this image Sarah was standing on a rock and I wanted to create a statuesque look (is that a word???). Using a mixture of the late evening light and some help from my off camera flash technique, I think I pulled it off.




No comments: